**This position will be: Complete In-Person**
The Boston Teen Fire Academy is a career development program that gives inner city teens an opportunity like no other; candidates of the Teen Fire Academy will experience the technical and educational skills of what it takes to be a Boston firefighter. All Teen Fire Academy candidates will train and learn under the supervision and guidance of veterans of the Boston Fire Department.
Teen Fire Academy will allow youth the opportunity to gain technical skills that they can apply toward a future career in fire and emergency services. An equal – if not greater – benefit to youth is the opportunity to develop and build teamwork and leadership skills, confidence, responsibility, and the ability to stay calm in an emergency situation. These and other valuable life skills benefit youth as they navigate their teenage years, and will continue to help them through whichever college/career path they choose and into adulthood. These skills are also important attributes in a career as a firefighter, which many Teen Fire Academy Candidates will one day become.
Teen Recruit :
- Responsible for reporting to Teen Academy location every morning on time.
- Must show up in uniform of the day in appropriate attire for training day
- All Teens are required to participate in our fitness program every morning
-Must be able to lift up to 25lbs unassisted
-All teens must be able to work in a team environment and be comfortable taking leadership rolls periodically
-Recruits are required to particpate in our fitness regimen every mornign which includes some running and push ups and sit ups.
- Recruits also are responsible for purchasing there own certification cards for first aid and CPR Certifications training
- Also as part of our program we use fitness as a source of discipline and as a way to hold teens accountable